Self-Help for the Elderly is committed to the well-being and health of our Seniors, Staff, and Community Members
Dear Supporters and Friends:
This afternoon, March 16, 2020 our Mayor London N. Breed announced all individuals in the Bay Area, including San Francisco, will be directed to “shelter in place” except for essential needs until April 7 in an attempt to contain the coronavirus outbreak.
As of Tuesday, March 17, 2020, we will be closing many of our programs so our seniors can stay at home. Seniors can still reach our programs via our main office number: 415-677-7600.
- Most of the staff will be working at home instead of at the various locations will be closed from March 17, 2020 until April 7, 2020:
- All Mealsites and Senior Centers
- Jackie Chan Adult Day Services
- Home Care and Hospice
- Employment Training and Economic Development Department
- Social Services
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program, and Transportation
We are working closely with our Funders, local city emergency departments and Department of Public Health.
We are continuing to provide Home Delivered Meals to vulnerable seniors. The Agency’s special events and classes are cancelled until further notice.
The new date for our 2020 Longevity Gala is November 22, 2020 (Sunday).
For more information on coronavirus, please visit these additional sites:
- Centers Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- San Francisco Department of Emergency Management (SFDEM)
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Self-Help for the Elderly